9.18.2004

Football

Well, the Huskers pulled it off this week, beating Pittsburgh 24-17. Still, the victory lacked the gusto I would have liked to see. The Husker offense played very conservatively, trying to avoid at all costs the turnovers that cost them the game to Southern Mississippi last week. Though he didn't throw many passes, Joe Dailey threw only one interception, which was a big improvement over last week.

I want to confide to you, my inner circle of blog-reading fans (all four of you), that I am slowly becoming a bigger and bigger football fan. For example, I have actually chosen to follow and root for a professional football team (i.e., the National Football League--NFL), something I have never done before. Thus, through a carefully chosen system marked by arbitrariness, I have decided to cheer for the Green Bay Packers.

And of course, there are great truths of the universe to relate through football, such as, um...

Well, anyway, I'll keep you posted about the seasons of my two chosen teams.

No comments: