9.19.2004

Mozilla Firefox

Well, I just downloaded and installed the preview version of the internet browser Mozilla Firefox 1.0. It's pretty nice, but, unfortunately, some of the extentions and themes I had for Firefox 0.9.1 don't yet work in 1.0PR. I imagine that there will soon be updates. For those of you who have never used Firefox before, you are definitely behind the times. Here is a whole list of reasons to switch to Firefox if you are still using Internet Explorer, but I just wanted to let you know that it has my full endorsement (the Mozilla Foundation and I are still working out the compensation issues of this endorsement, but in this post, I am offering a good-faith gesture).

(For those of you who were lost when I used the term "internet browser": an internet browser is the software that you use to view web pages. Unless you are on AOL, you can use any internet browser, regardless of the provider from whom you get your internet service. Most likely, if you don't know what you are using to read this, and if you use Microsoft Windows, you are probably using Internet Explorer. I am highly recommending that you make the switch to Firefox.)

No comments: