9.22.2004

***NEWSFLASH***

WORLD PREMIER STORY :: MUST CREDIT "WORDS, WORDS, WORDS."

Ben's blog, "The First Thing We Do, Let's Kill All the Lawyers," officially passed on into the abyss of cyberspace. Ben, citing issues of time, commitment, and interest, formally terminated his blog.

The real problem we, the blogosphere, are faced with is the void formed by the loss of this blog. So, if anyone out there is interested in writing about government openness and sandwiches, please let me know, and I will post a link to your blog to in some way compensate for the loss we have just experienced.

###

(Does anyone know why the New York Times hasn't returned my phone calls about even the dawn of Ben's blog? Hopefully they'll pick up the slack on this story.)

1 comment:

andrew said...

Ben,
Your sandwich piece almost moved me to tears, and I cannot begin to describe my sense of outrage at the fact that the government withheld records of numismatic Christmas ornaments ("There's no emoticon for what I'm feeling!"). Yet we fully understand the time required by your commitment to reading the Appelate Blog, searching for new sandwich shops, and assorted trophy-hunting activities.

Perhaps I'll commission you to write a piece for my blog on the role of Law and Order in increasing judicial awareness in America.

'Til you begin your next blog,
Andrew
(P.S. For those of you who don't know, we only give Ben such a hard time because he takes it so well.)